Is this safe, sort of okay safe, or very dangerous beyond a doubt?

One of my girlfriends lives in an assisted living facility. She is on oxygen and she smokes cigarettes. The facility will not let her bring her oxygen tank outside in the smoking area her because it is not safe. Oxygen and fire are highly explosive. Sometimes I take her places. Like to the store (etc). She has... show more One of my girlfriends lives in an assisted living facility. She is on oxygen and she smokes cigarettes. The facility will not let her bring her oxygen tank outside in the smoking area her because it is not safe. Oxygen and fire are highly explosive. Sometimes I take her places. Like to the store (etc). She has to bring her oxygen tank with her to help her breath and such. She smokes with the air hose connected to her face. I questioned her about it and she said that it was okay because the tank operates on a ""pulse regulator" and that it turns it off automatically or something. I looked it up and there is such a thing. But I still wonder if it is still safe for her to do that. And if it may be putting in danger also.