My ip has been taken over Xbox?

A child perhaps in early teens has taken my ip over Xbox somehow, I know because he told me where I reside, I know there are a plethora of YouTube videos on how to do so, there has been slight network interference. I am wondering how I can connect to a legitimate Microsoft employee over the phone, this is a serious matter as serious damage may be dealt if my ip is used for nefarious actions online. Please and thank you.

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

"Your" IP can't be used for nefarious purposes online. There's only two things someone else could do with it:

- a (D)DOS attack, which would be pretty stupid and pointless nowadays as most (all I know of) ISPs will detect and invalidate that faster than you (or I) could blink

- wrecking their own internet connection - assuming they even can change their public IP, as a second system using the same IP as another system will simply lead more or less to both systems being unable to connect to the internet. But again, your ISP will usually detect that pretty fast and automatically assign you a new IP, assuming you (like 99%+ of all domestic users) are using dynamic IP allocation from your ISP.

Microsoft doesn't have to do anything with this, unless they're your ISP.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.