Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 6 months ago

do dogs know humans arent dogs?

• Jojo
    Favorite Answer

I`m sure they do, going on the huge difference in a dogs attitude to another dog they meet and their much different attitude towards humans they meet.

By instinct they sense we are NOT the same as they are, and we do not `smell` (body odour) the same as a dog.

The same way they know other species of animal are NOT dogs. Also they instinctively know a prey animal from one they need to be afraid of.

Never new a dog that thought it was human as they can outrun us and bite us, not to many peope are wining to bite dogs, but some are.....

That being said the question can go, do some owners know their dogs are not human? They dress them up as peope, they put make up on them, jewerey and little shoes, they carry them around Ike they are iittle paraplegics, put them in nasty unsanitary diapers so they need not go out to empty or a litter box. They have baby high chairs at the table and feed them from off their parts sharing the same silverware. They shower holding their dogs and deep with them.

Dogs are smart enough to know we are not dog nor any canine species, however some humans are stupid enough to think their dogs are human and treat them so.

Never seen a dog eat from a table and force the human to eat kibble nor force them outside to run and romp or sleep on the floor or dog bed, they know who should be in control, it's weather or not the dog has been trained and socialized to be obedient or tries to run the house. Some dogs do think they are in charge but never think We are dog.

I've never thought about this - clearly my lot just know that I am 'she who must be obeyed' - if they want a quiet life. I don't think dogs THINK about that, for one second.

Very certainly my sheepdogs do, as we humans cant herd or drive sheep anything like as efficiently as my dogs can

Source(s): Shepherd

Dogs understand that we are bigger and feed them therefore are in charge

• Jojo

Haha, some humans are certainly NOT in charge of their dog.
      Quite the opposite in fact! 🤨.

Actually dogs are very smart...they know if they don't suck up to us we will eat them.

I think some dogs understand that they are dogs and we are people. But some dogs think THEY are people. 8^)