Why is my netbook so slow?

My friend and I have old $400-500 laptops from late 2010 and my netbook (ASUS 1215n) with an Intel Atom D525 processor, 4 gb of RAM, Nvidia ion graphics and 480 gb ssd struggles to open programs and YouTube videos are laggy even though I installed 32 bit Windows 10 on it.

My friend has an HP laptop from around the same time period (late 2010) with an AMD Turion II P540 processor, Radeon graphics, 8 gb of RAM, and the same 480 gb ssd and his laptop still flies in 2019 with 64-bit Windows 10.

Both laptops have 720P monitors.

Why is there such a difference between our two machines? Should I upgrade my RAM to 8 gb? Will it make a difference?

Favorite Answer

the cpu in your laptop (which is not work $400, closer to $200) is SUPER low end aka the lowest slowest processor possible.

http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Atom-N570-vs-AMD-Tur...

his cpu is about 3 times faster than yours.

no matter what you do to that laptop it will never be as fast as his. The cpu in most laptops is soldered to the board and cant be upgraded.

just sell that laptop and get a new one