Why my internet cable suddenly losing its connection in my laptop?

So when I use my laptop which is very old (Windows XP). After an hour or like a few minutes, it will stop working and say that "Cannot connect to the internet" or something like that. No matter how many times I refresh my browser or try a different browser, it's still says the same thing. So what I do... show more So when I use my laptop which is very old (Windows XP). After an hour or like a few minutes, it will stop working and say that "Cannot connect to the internet" or something like that. No matter how many times I refresh my browser or try a different browser, it's still says the same thing. So what I do is to restart my laptop so I can use it again. I wanted to know what cause this problem? It has been like this for a long time already. It's perfectly doing fine in my phone, tablet, and computer. This only happens in my laptop.