My fiance is upset i dont want to ask his sister to be a bridesmaid. Should I feel obligated to ask?

I am asking my sister to be my maid of honor but because I don t have closer friends I m not planning on having bridesmaids. My fiance got upset by this because he feels his sister should have a place in the wedding especially if my sister is. I am not friends with his sister and we don t have a relationship. She... show more I am asking my sister to be my maid of honor but because I don t have closer friends I m not planning on having bridesmaids. My fiance got upset by this because he feels his sister should have a place in the wedding especially if my sister is. I am not friends with his sister and we don t have a relationship. She will be getting married in a couple of months and I was not asked to be in her wedding. He said its different because we were not married or engaged at the time they got engaged and I am not in her or her fiances family. I feel like this is extremely unfair. I don t feel like I should be made to feel bad about this. So I guess what I am asking is should I feel obligated to ask her?