Girlfriend has her permit but PANICS randomly while driving. What should I do?

Not a troll, I promise, even though this is ridiculous. My adult girlfriend has never driven but now has a permit. Problem is, she randomly panics. 50mph, heavy traffic and she slammed on the brakes and came to a dead stop to make a right turn. No warning. Nothing I could have done except tell her to just GOGOGO!... show more Not a troll, I promise, even though this is ridiculous. My adult girlfriend has never driven but now has a permit. Problem is, she randomly panics. 50mph, heavy traffic and she slammed on the brakes and came to a dead stop to make a right turn. No warning. Nothing I could have done except tell her to just GOGOGO! Cars behind us almost hit us and each other, she just Would Not go, the dude behind us started to get out of his car before she took off and moved out of the way. She also thought she was crooked for a parking spot so she just FLOORED IT. Spun tires, the works. Lucky the parking lot was empty. I really feel like she shouldn't be driving. What should I do before just giving up? Or should I?