What to wear to bridal shower? (If you’re a bridesmaid)?

Is it acceptable to wear a pullover sweater that is an off white/gray with blue sleeves? I know all white is a no go but that’s all I packed! I wasn’t even thinking!!

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

A Bridal Shower isn't as fancy as the wedding.. I've gone to plenty in just jeans & a cute shirt.

• 6 months ago

You may wear whatever you want.

Wearing all white is usually not advised, but it's not like you can't wear SOME white. Any bride who holds that against you is an absolute nutjob, and frankly I'd reconsider being both her bridesmaid AND her friend.

• 6 months ago

White is a no-go for the WEDDING only. You can wear whatever you want at a bridal shower.

• AJ
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

To me, it depends on where the bridal shower is being held, time of year, location, venue. The invite should have stated the expected level of dress code

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

bridal shower, not wedding. completely two different things...

and just because a sweater has some white on it doesn't mean you can't wear it...

• 6 months ago

It's fine. Wear what you brought.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

I've never heard of the "no white" rule being a thing at showers. It's unlikely the bride is going to show up in her wedding dress so you should be fine with whatever you wear.

• 6 months ago

Wait. In a comment, you said the bride told her sister "no white"? Are you sure she's talking about the shower and not the wedding?

It's summer, ffs! I've worn all white to several showers and I wasn't the only one there dressed like that. If this bride doesn't want you wearing white to her shower, she's bigtime bridezilla. That's insane.

• None ya6 months agoReport

Yeah she meant at the shower because she was wearing a white dress that had floral prints, but mainly white. She was more talking about not wearing a dress that was more white. She isn’t bridezilla

• mokrie
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

It's NOT the wedding so white doesn't matter. The sweater is fine.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

For every shower I have been to, the dress is a step up from casual, but not quite as done up as you would be for the wedding. For example, you wouldn't show up in jeans and a novelty t-shirt, but a pair of nice pants you'd wear to work in an office are fine, and a nice blouse. Also, cute and casual dress is fine too.

Source(s): What other clothes have you packed? Do you know what the weather is going to be like?
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.