Do you think gasoline powered cars planes trains buses will become obsolete in the future ? Why or why not?

Cars and planes have been invented 100 years ago and their emissions have wrecked the environment with how fast technology moves I believe future generations will have to find new energy sources such as electricity. Also the issue of all haves have driveways roads etc

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes it might because crude oil is a limited commodity and it is estimated at our rate of consuming these fossil fuels we will likely run out in less than 60 years. Lets hope they figure out a way to make synthetic gasoline someday. And Do not think by driving electric cars your saving the environment because about %60 of our power plants in America still run on coal and natural gas which also pollutes the air.

• CB
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Synthetic fuels have been around about 100 years - see the History section of this link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synthetic_fuel

• JetDoc
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

There are already lots of city buses and commuter trains that run on electricity. Electric cars are becoming more popular all the time, and even heavy trucks are being developed to ruin on batteries.

• Scott
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

I'm waiting for the first all electric commercial airplane.

• CB
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Driveway, roads, Toll Booths etc have been around for thousands of years. Until some viable energy source comes around that is cheaper, easier to refill and produces as much power as an ICE then an infrastructure to support the new technology - my answer is NO not obsolete in your lifetime.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

Of course they will become obsolete in the future. The question is only, "when?"

• 6 months ago

They are already being phased out in many places. It's inevitable, it's only a matter of how long it takes for the rest of the world to catch on.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.