Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 6 months ago

Am I stupid?

So I’m in high school and I get high levels of anxiety, especially around the end of the year... so much that it affects the interactions that I have with peers and how I act around people in general. I overthink everything and stress about how I come across. But I also automatically go to “I don’t understand”, when it comes to school stuff that I haven’t learned/don’t remember. But I feel like maybe I’m getting dumber? I’m not confident and I feel like my reactions in conversations are super slow and lately I’ve been saying a lot of dumb stuff/not understanding things in the moment and then I go home and think about how stupid that situation was. I feel like I don’t know as much as someone my age is expected to and I’m afraid to interact with people I don’t know well at the chance that they’ll ask me something simple that I don’t know how to answer. I’m scared of people thinking of me as stupid so I don’t try to get talk to them at all. Is this a sign of knowing that I’m dumb or am I just extremely paranoid? With either case how do I fix it?

No, I did poorly in H.S but improved in college. When in college, major in something you like and you will do better.

The anxiety is clouding your mind, you're around too many people too often. I've studied this, you're not getting dumber.

Dear Sir,

I doubt your stupid now and l doubt you have

Been in the past! Please quit the put downs

And remember only bright people would

consider such a state.

Thanks

Very Best Wishes

Mars

Source:) Study

Please see the school counsellor to discover

how to still your mind and to relax same also.

Basically, these are negative affirmations that you use, that keep you in a world of limitation....

To reverse this invert the process, that is, start saying positive affirmations every time to counter the negative. THoughts first then actions; always. Change the thoughts, actions change...But it is a process that takes time, just as the negative process that you are engaged in has taken time, maybe even years...Whether you believe them or not, makes no difference, just say them and in time they become part of your subjective mind...

https://archive.org/details/practiceofautosu00broo...

Download the above, its free. Study it, think about it and let it be a new beginning as it is all very real and true....Its worked for me and for many, many others.....

Well, I relate to a lot of what you wrote here and I am an adult. Just wanted to let you know there is someone else out there who has had similar thoughts! And this does not mean we are stupid! Please do not verbally abuse yourself this way. :-)

I pray to God through Jesus Christ.

• anonymous6 months agoReport

How do you deal with it? Because I feel like talking too much about it to people I’m close to makes me seem like a stress case

• glcang

NO You are not stupid and please stop with the self deprecation.

Everyone reacts differently to the stresses of this nutty world.

Talk to a counselor,your parents, whoever is sympathetic and can help.Be wary of anyone that says you need medication.

Also stop eating junk food, sugar ,and especially soda.Start eating healthy meals , get plenty of sleep and get fresh air every day but mostly start embracing yourself, be kind to yourself

• bubula

OMG, this is classic anxiety. You're so anxious about making a mistake that you've quit trying. You don't trust yourself at all, even to make a guess or trust that maybe you've got the answer. You're hyper aware of being looked at, judged, evaluated. There's no reason to think you're not bright, but you do have to get the anxiety under control. Talk to a professional. It sounds like medication could help. If that's not possible, at least accept that you are not the center of the universe and most people have better things to do than keep an eye on how well or how poorly you are performing.

Best of luck.

• Kelley

Do not fear. Be strong. Ask Jesus Christ is your head for wisdom, guidance and understanding

It sounds like you're just very anxious about interacting with other people. It's actually pretty typical when you're a teen and surrounded by other hypercritical teens.