When a person gets kicked off Yahoo Answers, do they also lose their Yahoo email account?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

Your email Addy is completely separate from Q&A. Anyone with an once of common sense would not use it to post here, they would open a separate one. ;-) If you do this and, the account is suspended you wont lose that email just the privilege of posting on Q&A.;-) Is it a privilege? Well it doesn't cost you anything, does it?

• 6 months ago

I've had tons of suspended accounts and never lost my email addresses.

• 6 months ago

Yes and no, so here's the breakdown on what you asked about:

1. Yes. Any TOS violation on Answers will result in the sudden deactivation of their Yahoo ID. They will lose access to everything in their account and whatever was stored there.

2. No. Any CG violation here can result in the suspension of their Answers account. They still can access the other services as normal.

• 6 months ago

Depends on the severity of the actions that got them removed. See https://info.yahoo.com/legal/us/yahoo/utos/terms/

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

When this site first started up, people were losing access to email when they got suspended, but Yahoo stopped doing that after a few years.

• Daniel
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Depends on what they did sometimes Yes other times No I have had Accounts Suspended Before that have only Effected Yahoo Answers and not the Email Account or anything Else on Yahoo

• Daniel
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Some people get Jealous of my Answers and Report me it Is what It is I have made a new Account and continue to Answer Questions

• Ala
    Lv 4
    6 months ago

Yes. You will lose it all, so safeguard the stuff that really means something to you.

• Dr.Zin
      Lv 6
      6 months agoReport

Actually that it is a fear of mine because I receive some important emails from websites that won't allow me to change to anther email, like Disney Rewards and Movies Anywhere.
      I think to be on the safe side I better just get off here

• 6 months ago

It depends on why they are kicked off. In general, if for CG violations, you just lose YA. If for clear TOS violations, you can lose all accounts.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

You can still use your email account you just can't participate in Yahoo Answers.

Lv 7
    6 months ago

I didn't, just lost ability to ask and answer questions on 3 of my former accounts

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.