Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 6 months ago

Is riding a bike to work a good idea to save money? Problem is my shifts are 10 hours long in a warehouse?

yes it is but you will get tired ig

• ?

Well, it'll save you money, but after a 10 hour warehouse shift, you may not exactly feel like biking home. Depends on how far away you live, I guess.

John is a pathetic 40 year old loser

If you feel up to it. The average operating cost of a car is $10,000/year. That means if you make $30,000/year, you're spending a 3rd of your money on the ability to make money. If you're making super little money like $15,000/year no wonder you have so many problems. You're spending nearly all your money on the car to get to work to get the money to pay for the car to get to work.

A bus is also a much less expensive option too, maybe about $1000/year assuming that's a viable option.

Not sure why it's a "problem"

• Bob

excellent idea! saves on gas too. remember to get a decent headlight and taillight if you ride in the dark with traffic. Trek makes some great bikes that are both affordable and reliable.

• 6 months agoReport

I’m saving up for a car actually, at least use it for when it’s raining or too hot & will do with the whole lights thing. Thank you

• This depends if you buy an expensive bike, then no. If you buy an inexpensive bike that is not reliable, then no because it costs to repair it. Buy a reliable and inexpensive bike!

Electric scooter? Second hand?

• 6 months agoReport

A cycle bike.

That depends entirely on how far you have to travel and whether a shower is available at work to freshen up after your ride. For a city journey of up to ten kilometres or so, riding a bike will be no slower than driving or taking the bus and it will keep you fit and cost nothing.

• 6 months agoReport

It’s literally about 10 maybe 15 minutes away, probably not even that and yeah they do have showers

• .

It can be if weather permits and it’s not too far. It also helps if you live in a bike friendly city. I sometimes bike to work and there are several places where I have to cross the street that do not have crosswalks or stop signs.

• 6 months agoReport

It’s about 10/15 minutes away from my house but it’s really awkward to get to by public transport, it’s not in the city it’s just outside, it’s safe to do it but I don’t want to be too tired everyday