Can I work at hooters at 16?

near LA in california? I'm 15 turning 16 in 3months now. i think to work in like bars, you'd have to be 21 lol iN CALIFORNIA but even though hooters is the same, i see some people online said they did actually get to go work there at 16. im pretty sure the california law is something of underage can't be the waiters at the bars, but serving food they can do by being a waitress. the amt of tips i'd get there probably, i'd really want the money even if they pay like 3 damn dollars. If not, what other no experienced jobs can i get a little more than enough money ?? I'd want to move out as quickly as i can, and i already know a low job like mc donalds n stuff isn't gonna help.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • With practically all restaurants that have bars,you have to be legal drinking age if you want to be a bar tender.

You could maybe work as a bar back (the don't serve alcohol, they clean up tables) until you're legal age.

Mc Donald's may actually pay better then some restaurants do. At least they pay minimum wage and there's no tips.

• Judy
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

no you can't

• Kyle
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

it should say on the application what the minimum age is to apply. look online or call your local restaurant and ask if they're hiring and what positions.

• 6 months ago

Various posts online state that you can be a hostess at 16 at Hooters but not a waitress.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Forget about it. Here's the law in CA:

Restaurants: In a bona fide public eating place, persons age 18 or older may serve alcohol in an area primarily designed and used for the sale and service of food for consumption on the premises as an incidental part of their overall duties. Bartenders and cocktail waitresses must be 21.

• Never
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

0% chance.

Waitresses serve alcohol.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.