Should I complain to the school about my son's yearbook?

My 5th grade son came home today with his year book. Once again, like last year and the year before, the photographer did not take a photo of him where he would be in the forefront. There are a few photos of him in the background, not very good ones, This photographer is a mother of my son's classmate. She volunteered to be the official photographer of the school a few years ago. This parent does not seem to like me for some reason which why I think she is intentionally not taking photos of my son to put in the yearbook. Her daughter has several photos in the yearbook. It really is obvious she is taking advantage of her role as designated photographer of the school. Its not fair. As a parent, I also would like to see memories of my son in his year book. Is it petty of me to bring up this issue to the school office? Or should I give her call?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • qrk
    Lv 7
    8 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Do a statistical study of the year book and see how many pictures there are for each student. Also do a study where each student is in the foreground. See where your kid is in the statistical lineup. If it's average, you have nothing to complain about. If it was my kid, I wouldn't give a hoot, but that's just me.

Hopefully, you are documenting your family life and making a real (not digital) photo album of family life over the years. When your kids are older, they will greatly appreciate this album of fun events and trips. My siblings still get a kick out of looking at the photo albums my father put together over the years.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 8 months ago

I'm kind of getting why your kid's friend's mother doesn't seem to like you........

• John
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

helicopter mom

noun INFORMAL•NORTH AMERICAN

a mother who takes an overprotective or excessive interest in the life of her child or children.

"an aggressively overbearing helicopter mom"

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.