Do you prefer American made or foreign made vehicle?

I prefer foreign, Honda specifically, since Dodge and Chevy ruin my American experience

Favorite Answer

Generally foreign made. My Honda has been very reliable

Never owned one from the Big 3.

Foreign made vehicles

• F

I've only had one American car and it was the only car I've had that failed it's first MOT (UK road worthy test at 3 years). I've had japanese cars, a Honda,Toyota, and Subaru were great, Mitsubishi not as good. European cars, I've had VWs , Fords and a Renault, which were Ok but VW are not the quality brand they like to portray.

So yes Japanese first, then European and USA last.

I haven't owned an American brand car since I was permanently turned off by the crap they produced for so many years. They've gotten better but so have the foreign brands.

• JetDoc

Maybe you should do some research before making such IGNORANT statements! The problem with your statement is that MOST Hondas sold in the US are MADE in the USA, while Dodge and Chevy are mostly made in Canada and Mexico.

• FN - 2187

Instead of being butthurt comprehend what I said and what you said. You know what I meant

1] The majority Honda models are built in the US and 90 percent of the parts are built in the US so it's not exactly a ''foreign made'' vehicle

2] If you have only owned used cars then the problem is not who makes the car it is your inability to evaluate it properly before buying.

I own a US-made Chevrolet, and I think it runs fine and is very reliable. It is 8 years old, and gets 40+ miles/gallon on the highway (28-30 city).

I want Americans to get jobs, I am less concerned with the welfare of Japanese, Korean, German, Mexican, etc. workers.

More then likely that Chevy and the Dodge also were actually Japanese cars!

Another thing is that the odds are the Honda was made in the USA.

The issue of how one defines American made has changed. At one time Japanese car makers did not have plants in the US. So the cars were shipped from Japan. But now US labor is cheaper then Japanese labor so the cars are made in the USA for several "foreign" car makers.

No, I do not care about an American experience I just do not want to pay an exorbatent amount of money to get my car fixed if something happened to it or wait weeks for parts.

• Lv 5

Sounds like European. Even Japanese. Korean can have $ parts.