Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 6 months ago

Can the tubes be tied before any prior pregnancy?

My GF and I decided not to have kids, she never got pregnant. So we're wondering if it's possible to get the tubes tied without being pregnant before

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

If she has her tubes tied - she will NOT get pregnant.

• 6 months ago

Its "possible", but unless your GF has a health issue that would make pregnancy risky, or she has some serious genetic abnormality that she wouldnt want to pass on, she'd be hard pressed to find a Dr willing to perform the procedure.

Theres other options that are reversible "just in case you change your mind later".

Youd have better luck convincing a Dr to snip you.. Under an agreement to freeze some of your soldiers.

• 6 months ago

It's an invasive surgery and most doctors would try to talk you out of it. Implantable contraception is a much better option, but the best permanent option is vasectomy both in terms of failure rates as well as complication rates.

• Edna
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

It's possible for her to get her tubes tied if you two don't want to ever have kids, but it would be easier and wouldn't be invasive if you had a vasectomy instead. A tubal ligation would involve an abdominal incision - A vasectomy doesn't.

But before you have either one performed, you and she must be absolutely sure that neither of you will ever want to have kids in the future. What if you break up, and a new partner wants kids? What are you going to do then?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

It's very possible. Not all doctors are willing to do it though, because people change their mind.

I know you think you won't, but everyone thinks that, and more than half the people are wrong.

• 6 months ago

Yes, but I agree with jimmy. It is easier, cheaper, safer, and more reversible if you get yours tied.

• jimmy
    Lv 4
    6 months ago

You get yours tied, its easier to reverse and not nearly as dangerous.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

No. Most doctors refuse to do this on young adults. They have a required age which is usually mid 30s. Ask yourself if you are unable to commit to your girlfriend why commit to this? If you are serious get married.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.