Where do I learn to be an adult?

This is going to sound really funny but neither school nor my parents taught me how to "be an adult". Everything from writing checks to building credit to having a credit card to scheduling doctor's appointments, insurance, etc. Is there somewhere I can learn this?

I could Google most of this — I have and will, but there are sometimes I don't know what I don't know.

Gosh, I don't think my parents or my school taught me any of that stuff either, but what they did do was teach me that I had the wits to figure things out when I needed to, by asking people or looking things up. That is far more useful because no one, not even your parents, can explain everything and if they did you'd forget or ignore at least 75% of it until you actually needed to know and learned it by experience. And there was no google back when I was first learning how to live an adult life. You're lucky to have it now, because there is almost no subject you can't learn at least something about by using google.

• drip

Go to your public library. Plenty of books on the subjects.

Your banker at your bank can fill you in on basic stuff. Keeping a good record of your spending, how to write checks (although most people don’t use them anymore) credit card info.

You can ask your doctors office what their procedure is. Tell them you are on your own and dealing with it yourself for the first time.

Talk to friends. Observe what others do.