Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsMartial Arts · 8 months ago

Are supplments like creatine needed for sports like MMA or Kickboxing?

Or just eating 1g per body pound of protein enough?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago

That depends on whether you feel that the protein alone is good enough for you. Many people become "constipated" from taking creatine.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 7 months ago

For just normal training: No. Some fighters use creatine, but that's a whole different level than standard training. You don't have to use it to just jump in and start seeing improvements. It may help if you start to compete, but it's one supplement among many you should be given advice about from your coaches.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

1g of protein per pound is way too much. I you weigh 150pounds thats 150grams of protein. Your body can not absorb that much.

• Paul
    Lv 5
    8 months ago

what are your objectives ...garbage in ---> garbage out

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 months ago

No, not unless we are talking about you doing this at a high level and fighting. If just doing it for fun and as a hobby then you can generally get by without taking any supplements. However if you are talking about multiple training sessions on the same day like for training to fight then you will need to supplement your diet with some supplements to aid in its recovery between workouts. You also will want to look at and consider some over others as some do a better job for this and that is where a knowledgeable nutritionist and professional trainer comes in. I used to use what they called a carbo pump and a couple of table spoons of that in a glass of water contained 3,000 calories which I would then burn off in the following workout. However taking that carbo pump with orange juice would nullify its benefit because of the Vitamine C. That's how involved some of all this can get and why you want to talk to the people I mention. Also if by chance you fight professionally then you also have to worry about drug testing and be careful in regards to that. For me I had the added problem of being in the military and sometimes being tested and so anything that resembled a steroid or would show up as a steroid in testing I had to refrain from taking. Some of these supplements are pretty powerful and can do some pretty remarkable things but some also carry risks with them so talk to a knowledgeable person and get their recommendations.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.