Transferring data from an iPad that no longer works?

Update:

I have an old iPad mini (1st gen) that I can no longer access as it doesn't charge. I've bought a new iPad to replace it and set it up through iTunes. However some of my data, such as previous app downloads, seems to be missing. Is there any way to restore them without being able to access the old iPad mini? I had also set up Keychain but my passwords don't appear on the new iPad, even though I'm signed in to my account.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • David
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

If you made a backup of the old iPad through iTunes then any compatible apps, settings, would be on the new iPad if you restored through iTunes

• SRΛSC
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

It would at least be able to function in order to access the data from it to transfer.

• 5 months ago

You used iTunes to set it up... see if iCloud made backups anyway.

Your apps and media purchases are still yours, you just have to download them again.

You might have to tickle the keychain to get it to sync:

"Get help with iCloud Keychain"

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203783

• 5 months ago

If the old iPad doesn't work at all, then there is no feasible way to recover any data from it. If you really wanted to, you can send it to a data recovery company, but these tend to be very expensive. Anything that wasn't backed up to your PC via iTunes or the cloud is lost....

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.