Bad behaviour school?

I’m a teacher in a secondary school and I am sick to death of the continuous bad behaviour, bad attitude and lack of learning going on in my classes. The misbehaviour is at at all time high. Every student has some problem with being able to behave themselves. I am finding myself continuesly screaming or shouting at... show more I’m a teacher in a secondary school and I am sick to death of the continuous bad behaviour, bad attitude and lack of learning going on in my classes. The misbehaviour is at at all time high. Every student has some problem with being able to behave themselves. I am finding myself continuesly screaming or shouting at the class, giving detentions after school or on weekends, putting numerous pupils in isolation on a daily basis and having a number on behaviour monitoring reports. I have also tried calling parents, setting essays and writing lines explaining why the behaviour has been so bad. And setting extra homework and test papers if they have misbehaved. None of this puts them off misbehaving and I need some more help on punishing the misbehaviour. I find I’m loosing my voice by having to scream at students to get them to behave. I’m really needing some help as I’m loosing the will to live now.
4 answers 4