My white blood cell count is high please help.?

I drew blood from my doctor and the results came in saying my WBC is at 16 ,

Should I be worried? Everything else is normal

• MARK

Things are just not that simple. There are different types of white blood cells and it would provide more information you know the numbers for each type. Secondly, the white blood cells each represent a percentage of the total number and it is important to know whether they are in the correct percentages - known as the white blood cell count differential.

I am very surprised a doctor would tell you your white blood cell count was a specific value and not explain to you the significance of that value. If you are concerned the best thing to do is go back to that doctor and ask him to explain your results in a little more detail.

When you were told this by the doctor, did this question not occur to them then?

• You should not be worried unless your Dr. worried. If your Dr. did not talk to you about it, then he or she is probably not worried.

If it makes you feel any better, you can always call your Dr.s office and ask your Dr. if there is anything to worry about.

Usually when you have bloodwork done and there is something to worry about, your Dr. will let you know right away. If there is nothing concerning, then the Dr.will usually not say anything.

No don't be worry. High white blood count could just mean that your body is fighting an infection