Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX300 error code E:62:10. What is it telling me?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago

In reply to those who 'suggest' you read the manual. The error is not mentioned in the manual. No faults codes of any kind are mentioned in the manuals. So don't be too quick to say 'read the fuc#ing manual' There are some complete and utter KNOB HEADS on Answers.

It is a common problem that I had with mine. If its under warranty or you bought it in the UK, contact Sony. It is known to them. To fix it temporarily, open the camera, zoom out then pull the batteries. Put them back in again and the camera should work properly Until you switch it off, then you have to do it again. My Nikon S9000 had the same issue

• 6 months ago

It is telling you to read the fu**ing manual!

• keerok
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Buy a new one already.

• Frank
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

3 seconds on a search engine told me that it is a lens error.

Sometimes this is caused by a mechanical failure, sometimes it's just due to a jammed lens. If your lens is stuck, try pushing the barrel back into the camera body while it's off. I fixed a Canon P&S once doing this.

If this doesn't help fix it, then consider buying a new camera as the repairs will be around $100 which is more than 50% of it's replacement cost.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Have you never heard of an OWNER'S MANUAL?

• qrk
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

A quick search using Google says lens error. I suggest you do a search for "sony error E:62:10" and read up on this. There may be a solution lurking out there.

• Andrew
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

What does your manual say ?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.