Chris asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 6 months ago

How do I find out the country the question is being asked from.?

There was a question where a woman mentioned she was In a bad situation and a very bad country. I'm really curious on what country its being asked from. There are hints that it's a third world country I'm really curious to know. How do I find out? Here's the link below

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20190...

Favorite Answer

Their writing style seems indo or semitic but it looks like the user herself is paranoid, mentally-challenged or could be suffering from schizophrenia.

• .

There's no way to know unless the user states it in their post. It's even possible for any user with a Yahoo account to login to another country's version of Yahoo and post, so there's no guarantee if you see a post with a country prefix in front of "answers.yahoo.com" that the user who made the post was actually located in the country of that prefix. (e.g., prefixes such as uk, nz, au, or ca can be found for users logging in through the United Kingdom, New Zealand, Australia, or Canada versions of Yahoo).

• Daniel

Yahoo does not tell people what Country they are Posting from so its not Possible to find that out unless they tell you Personally

• Tavy

You cannot, this site is now for English speaking people, they can be anywhere in the world.