can parkinsons be cured?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

PARKINSON's disease;;;;;

A SLOWLY PROGRESSIVE, DEGENERATIVE DISORDER OF THE NERVOUS SYSTEM. Parkinson's disease has several distinguishing characteristics; tremor( shaking), when at rest, sluggish initiation of movements, and muscle rigidity.

Deep with in the brain is an area known as the basal ganglia. When the brain initiates an action such as lifting the arm, nerve cells in the basal ganglia help smooth the movements and coordinate changes in posture. The basal ganglia process signals and transmit messages to he deep lying thalamus, which relays the processed information back to the cerebral cortex. All these signals are transmitted by chemical neurotransmitters as electrical impulses along nerve pathways and between nerves. The main neurotransmitter of the basal ganglia is dopamine.

In Parkinson' disease, nerve cells in the basal ganglia degenerate, resulting in lower production of dopamine and fewer connections with other nerve cells and muscles. The cause of the nerve cell degeneration and dopamine loss is usually unknown, however it seems genetics does not appear to play a major role, although the disease tends to occur in some families.

THIS DISEAS IS USUALLY TREATED WITH A VARITY OF DRUGS,

levodopa, bromocriptine, pergolide, selegiline, anticholinergics, antihistamines, anti depressants, propranolol, and amantadine .None of these drugs cures the disease,,,,, or stops its progression,,,,,, but they help make movements easier and they prolong functional life for many years.

• 5 months ago

youre gonna ask this again tomorrow

• 5 months ago

thanks i'm 32 and i have it

• 5 months ago

No use painkillerx

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Tavy
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

No, my husband has it. The drugs only lesson the symptoms a little bit.

There is no cure.

• Dj2541
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Not currently, the symptoms and tremors can be reduced significantly with the use of the current generation of treatment medications.

• 5 months ago

Maybe but it’s extremely difficult. You're basically trying to regrow cells that have died in certain part of the brain and so far, no one has found a way to regrow brain cells.

• Tavy
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

Brain cells do die which is why they don't produce dopamine.

• carrie
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

I don't think it can be cured, but it can be treated.to ease the symptoms .There is a lot of research going on about Parkinsons at the moment.

• 5 months ago

No, but drugs can control it.

• Tavy
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

Agree it is not controlled I wish it was.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.