Changing classes, is this fair?

So at my school we have 2 Psychology classes. Two of my friends want to move out of theirs into mine. We're currently in the last few weeks of the second term. They have talked about this with the school, and the school's reply is always 'That's just not what we do.' We all think this is very... show more So at my school we have 2 Psychology classes. Two of my friends want to move out of theirs into mine. We're currently in the last few weeks of the second term.
They have talked about this with the school, and the school's reply is always 'That's just not what we do.'
We all think this is very unfair. They aren't learning properly in the class and can't understand even the simple topics. They get pretty good grades, but only because they use up all of their free time to try and understand what they have been taught. That combined with jobs, life and other school work, just equals insane stress.
They both see that this is a bad environment to be in, but the school won't let them switch classes.
A boy in our year has switched classes before so we're just confused why they won't let my friends switch.
It doesn't seem fair that the school doesn't let them switch.
I'm not really sure what to do. Is this fair?