Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsBirds · 6 months ago

Have you used 1/4 cup of bleach to one gallon of hot water to soak a moldy hummingbird feeder?

Update:

Thank you for the info.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

    You can beach the feeder, however the bleach is corrosive to metal psrtd, if you can remove them do so. Rinse and easy with warm soapy water and let stand to dry and air out a couple days, should be sanitized now and safe to use

  • J C
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

    Given that humming bird feeders are not expensive, it would likely be better to just pitch it and get a new one. Soaking with bleach won't do much for removing to mold and bacteria that will still be present in the seams and the ports that they feed from. Scrubbing may or may not make it clean and sanitary again.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.