Renee asked in HealthDental · 6 months ago

WARNING: little graphic for some people. Small, Painful, White Bump on His Gums.?

So my husband noticed a red bump about the size of a poppy seed on his gums about 3 days ago. Now it's slightly bigger and has now become extremely painful, hard and white. Also, there is an indent the size of his pinky tip above it in his gums.

(Sorry about the pic quality. I cropped it to zoom way in)

Does anyone know what it could be?

Thought 3 days ago that it might be an abscess, but it isn't like any abscess he's ever had before.

**Please be respectful. Serious answers only. Thanks ☺️

Attachment image

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

Please call your dentist and do *not* try to provide a self-diagnosis or self-treatment.

• 6 months ago

Go to dentist, don't trust what they say alone tho, most dentists are concerned with money and ABSOLUTELY nothing else.

They would watch a patient scream in pain until there death down to there failings and only be concerned with there credit card number

• Math
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

It's caused by an ingredient known as sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) in toothpaste. It's a reaction to that ingredient -- this growth in pic.

Do not use pastes with SLS. I

• jannsody
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

I would urge the individual who posted the question to instead talk with his or her dentist.

• 6 months ago

If he wants to know what this is, common sense would tell most of us to see a dentist

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Tavy
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

We call them mouth ulcers in the UK. medicated mouthwash will help, or warm salty water. They are very common but painful.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Seek medical assistance.

It could be nothing, to a Social Disease

• Cancer. See a doctor.

• 6 months ago

looks like a canker sore.....try rinsing with warm salt water....i use listerine when i get these...

• Daniel
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

it looks like a canker sore

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.