Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingTrying to Conceive · 6 months ago

Are you supposed to have sex while ovulation bleeding? Is it even ovulation bleeding??? TTC?

I was wondering if having sex around the time you are ovulation bleeding helps in any way?

I had sex yesterday morning around 1-2 am, is that enough to conceive?

This is my first time experiencing ovulation bleeding and my period ended 4 days ago. I’ve been spotting light pinkish and my suspected ovulation date is the 18th (16th day)

Ovulation Bleeding?? Never heard of that.. Just have sex everyday for the next week or so.

Spotting is normal and common at any point in a woman's cycle, from any hormone change, and does not mean you can't have sex.

How did you calculate ovulation? Because you can't determine ovulation four days in advance.

• Jill

I don't know what ovulation bleeding is but if you are trying to conceive then have as much sex as you can/want for the 5 days leading up to your estimated ovulation date and a day or three after (just in case the estimate is a little off).

• Pippin

Not following this at all?

What is 'ovulation bleeding?' And if you expect to ovulate in 4 days, how would you think you are ovulating NOW?

Women spot. It happens. It can happen for lots of reasons -- or no reason.

You don't say how you determine your expected ovulation date, but if you expect to ovulate in 4 days, (and your estimate is accurate) and had sex yesterday, that would put you on the outside edge of your likely fertile range. Pregnancy would be *possible* -- but not very probable. (Yes, sperm CAN live for 5 days. But the number of healthy, viable sperm still present in your tubes at that point would be low. Better to try 1-3 days before expected ovulation.)

Forget about the bleeding. It means nothing. If you have very regular cycles and know you usually ovulate around day 16 -- try to have sex closer to that day.