Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingTrying to Conceive · 6 months ago

Are you supposed to have sex while ovulation bleeding? Is it even ovulation bleeding??? TTC?

I was wondering if having sex around the time you are ovulation bleeding helps in any way?

I had sex yesterday morning around 1-2 am, is that enough to conceive?

This is my first time experiencing ovulation bleeding and my period ended 4 days ago. I’ve been spotting light pinkish and my suspected ovulation date is the 18th (16th day)

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

Ovulation Bleeding?? Never heard of that.. Just have sex everyday for the next week or so.

• 6 months ago

Spotting is normal and common at any point in a woman's cycle, from any hormone change, and does not mean you can't have sex.

How did you calculate ovulation? Because you can't determine ovulation four days in advance.

• Jill
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

I don't know what ovulation bleeding is but if you are trying to conceive then have as much sex as you can/want for the 5 days leading up to your estimated ovulation date and a day or three after (just in case the estimate is a little off).

• Pippin
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Not following this at all?

What is 'ovulation bleeding?' And if you expect to ovulate in 4 days, how would you think you are ovulating NOW?

Women spot. It happens. It can happen for lots of reasons -- or no reason.

You don't say how you determine your expected ovulation date, but if you expect to ovulate in 4 days, (and your estimate is accurate) and had sex yesterday, that would put you on the outside edge of your likely fertile range. Pregnancy would be *possible* -- but not very probable. (Yes, sperm CAN live for 5 days. But the number of healthy, viable sperm still present in your tubes at that point would be low. Better to try 1-3 days before expected ovulation.)

Forget about the bleeding. It means nothing. If you have very regular cycles and know you usually ovulate around day 16 -- try to have sex closer to that day.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.