How practical is it to rewatch a tv show or movie you’ve seen before but can barely remember much about?

Considering rewatching an anime I binge watched back in 2012 but don’t really remember much about. ( the anime is a certain magical index) . I’m considering binge watching it but I’m also trying to binge new anime like tate no yuusha no narigiari. Is it time wasting to rewatch an old series or movie when new and... show more Considering rewatching an anime I binge watched back in 2012 but don’t really remember much about. ( the anime is a certain magical index) . I’m considering binge watching it but I’m also trying to binge new anime like tate no yuusha no narigiari. Is it time wasting to rewatch an old series or movie when new and relevant ones are continuously popping up every time of the month ?