Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 6 months ago

Is 30 too late to start a new life?

I have gone through far too much trauma

over the years; and frankly, I'm embarrassed.

I developed stage 3 liver-failure (steato-hepatitis)

and jaundice at age 16 through no fault of my own.

I was only 20 pounds overweight. I never ended

up finishing college except for a few classes. Then,

my parents asked me to be my grandmother's

care-taker so that took 6 years out of my life. She

died 2 years ago and I've been working at McDonald's

ever since.

I guess there's nothing else left to do except return

to college. Is it too late to have a stable/happy future?

Advice Please

But returning to college would be an ideal way of starting a new life. Go for it.

No, not at all. It’s the perfect time.

Not at all too late. I am 32 years old and I am in the process of changing my own life from the ground up.

• Ann

I met my husband at 39, married at 40, had my son at 42 and went back to teaching at 57. 30 is young! Live your best life! The life that you have been given to start over! Go for it and don't be afraid! You've already done more things to be strong than most people.

• A C

No. Pray for God's will and direction in your life. 2 Corinthians 5:17 says that in Christ, we can be new creatures and all things become new. I asked Jesus to be my Lord and Savior many years ago and He has helped me with all sorts of problems and blessed me a lot, as well as given me assurance of a home in heaven. I recommend Him to you. Read the New Testament for more information. I suggest starting with the Gospel of John; then Romans. Find a Bible-believing church to attend, like Baptist. Ask the pastor for counseling.

Heck no. Better late than never. I go to massage therapy classes and there are people here who look like they are in their 60's. So long as you're breathing it's not too late to change your life. It's also not too late to receive salvation from Jesus Christ. God bless.

No, not at all. I'm 30 and I'm trying to get my PhD (I haven't even done my undergrad yet), it's hard and sometimes you could feel lost

Keep trying, I know that sounds trite but never give up. Never.

• Sky

It's never too late or too old to start a new life if the life you have is miserable, unhappy, abusive, etc. The hard part is finding a way and a place to start a new life.

Its too late for ya

Of course not. If you live to be 80 or 90 then you've got, what, 50 or 60 years left? That sounds like an awfully long time left to just not bother trying to live the life you want.