is it weird for a guy to write in a diary or a journal?

i do it mainly because i like to write down everything thats bothering me and everything that has happened on the day that i have journaled down or cataloged for that day. i feel like its weird though to do that so should i stop.

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

Faggotx wanker only does shitx like dat

Source(s): Yung N White School Shooter Type
  • 5 months ago

Not at all! And even if there was a societal norm that stated otherwise, you do you and to hell with society. I don't think its weird at all and know several guys that journal. In fact, come to think of it, I know more guys that do than girls in all reality. But yes, it is definitely a very useful tool, one that is highly underrated by most of society in my opinion.

• 5 months ago

No but you should encrypt it in some way.

• 5 months ago

Not in the least. Many people find it helpful in all kinds of ways.

But even if it was 'weird', why need it stop you from writing anyway? What harm does it do? None at all.

It's nobody's business but your own.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

It's fine if that's what you want to do.

• 6 months ago

Journal, it's not as common as it once used to be, but it's not weird. A diary was generally something kept by females; males kept a journal.

Many blogs today are essentially personal journals made public.

In the past, writers of fiction and non-fiction kept journals, and those notes they took of their daily/weekly life experiences were heavy influences upon their writing. Fictional characters were based, at least in part, on real people they encountered.

• C
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

No, not weird at all. There have been very many famous male diarists. Have you ever heard of Samuel Pepys? Keeping a diary is a very good way of keeping your thoughts in order and with time it becomes an invaluable tool for self-reflection. Sometimes you will feel stuck in live and then it's good to go over an old diary and see how much you've matured.

Lv 7
    6 months ago

Yes. it's not password protected. Use your phone on PC instead.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Why would you feel weird? A lot of guys write in journals. Ever hear of John Boy Walton? He's based off a real famous writer and he began by writing in a journal.

• 6 months ago

Its fine, lots of people do it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.