Do you think this is normal behaviour for a 5 year old?

My five year old daughter kicks our dog and hits it repeatedly. We tried to stop her but she continues trying to hit it. We keep it in a cage now but she also has bad tantrum fits where she screams at us and we can't calm her down,we get calls from the school reporting she is bullying other kids,and she tries... show more My five year old daughter kicks our dog and hits it repeatedly. We tried to stop her but she continues trying to hit it. We keep it in a cage now but she also has bad tantrum fits where she screams at us and we can't calm her down,we get calls from the school reporting she is bullying other kids,and she tries to touch knives while we are not looking. I don't know if I am raising a future serial killer or it is just something she may grow out of. We got her into kid counseling but it doesnt help much. I don't know what to do she is draining all the energy in me and my husbands and I are tired and cant ever sleep anymore. do you think this is just a phase.or something more?
10 answers 10