Sam
Lv 7
Sam asked in EnvironmentOther - Environment · 6 months ago

How fast can nature reclaim its property once mankind is gone?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

The process will start almost immediately. A few decades and most places will revert back to something like their natural state. A couple of centuries and there will be little above ground to show that humans even existed.

Finally roll forward a million years or so (which is still a blink of the eye in the geological record) and nature would have moved on, another animal will be entrenched in the ecological niche we leave vacant. All trace of humans and their artifacts will be reduced to a thin band deep in the fossil record.

• 6 months ago

I have not scientific evidence, but I would think that it would take less than 100 years for nature to take over the concrete mess that humans have created. I've seen it with my own eyes.

• Brian
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

Not really sure, this TEDtalk says around 10million but not sure what credibility they have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6Agqm4K7Ok

Youtube thumbnail

• 6 months ago

I think it's something like 60 days to claim property .... After that it would be legally yours ... but I'm not sure

• Sam
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

;) thanks.. that's good to know

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Don't worry... The Earth is fine.

• 6 months agoReport

Ah cool thanks

• 6 months ago

Instantly . If it wasn’t for the maintenance done on streets or peoples yards you would see it’s sad attempt .

• 6 months ago

Faster than you think. As long as we become extinct soon enough.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.