Sam
Sam asked in EnvironmentOther - Environment · 6 months ago

How fast can nature reclaim its property once mankind is gone?

Favorite Answer

The process will start almost immediately. A few decades and most places will revert back to something like their natural state. A couple of centuries and there will be little above ground to show that humans even existed.

Finally roll forward a million years or so (which is still a blink of the eye in the geological record) and nature would have moved on, another animal will be entrenched in the ecological niche we leave vacant. All trace of humans and their artifacts will be reduced to a thin band deep in the fossil record.

I have not scientific evidence, but I would think that it would take less than 100 years for nature to take over the concrete mess that humans have created. I've seen it with my own eyes.

• Brian

Not really sure, this TEDtalk says around 10million but not sure what credibility they have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6Agqm4K7Ok

Youtube thumbnail

I think it's something like 60 days to claim property .... After that it would be legally yours ... but I'm not sure

• Sam

;) thanks.. that's good to know

• ?

Don't worry... The Earth is fine.

• 6 months agoReport

Ah cool thanks

Instantly . If it wasn’t for the maintenance done on streets or peoples yards you would see it’s sad attempt .

Faster than you think. As long as we become extinct soon enough.