Why is my 6 year old acting weird?

Lately he has been shouting randomly,punching people,making weird sounds,and looks like he is twitching sometimes. I brought him to a doctor but they just passed it off as him being a 7 year old but it is interfering with daily life by me not able to get him to bed and getting calls from teachers saying he is being... show more Lately he has been shouting randomly,punching people,making weird sounds,and looks like he is twitching sometimes. I brought him to a doctor but they just passed it off as him being a 7 year old but it is interfering with daily life by me not able to get him to bed and getting calls from teachers saying he is being disruptive in class and they have to remove him sometimes. Do you think this he has adhd or maybe he is on the autism spectrum? I tried talking to him about it but he says he can't help it and doesn't know why. We give him timeouts but that doesn't work. He is fine for one second but the next he is shouting or hitting something or someone. Me and my husband are getting really worried but have no clue if it is just something 6 years old do or if it is for attention. What do you think it could be making him do this?
10 answers 10