Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicTelevisionComedy · 6 months ago

Do you think old people should pay for a TV licence?

23 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Nobody should, they should make BBC channels pay per view because there are plenty of other channels apart from BBC so even if you never watch BBC you still need a licence, which is ridiculous.

• 4 months ago

as a retired person my husband and I think we should. on pension credit we get so many benefits that working people do not get. in many ways we are better off! we should pay. age does not give you the right to have something free. otherwise we should get our groceries free and...

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Why shouldn’t they if everyone else has to? No one should have to but old people shouldn’t not pay just because they are old.

• 6 months agoReport

Yes and? I’m 19 with no company either.

• Sam
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

TV license,

really?

You've got to be kidding.

Anything that is broadcast over pubic airways, should be free to the public.

Cable and Satellite could require a justifiable usage fee.

• Zapata
      Lv 6
      6 months agoReport

Nothing is free. You pay indirectly for everything that is free at the point of contact...trash collection , public sanitation, etc etc.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

No way the very old in England did not have to pay but now they do,

And with all the rubbish that is on TV no one should have to pay.

• CAB
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Nobody should subsidize propaganda. Nobody needs that particular media outlet anymore either.

• C
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

If we're to retain the TV licence it's fair for pensioners not on pension credits to continue paying. It's much fairer than making students pay if they've locks on their bedroom doors even though they share common areas. It's fairer than making those too disabled to work who rely on benefits to keep a nostril above water pay. The government gave this freebie away while they paid the difference before stopping the funding, leaving public service broadcasting with the shortfall. A cunning move, no? Now ask me if I believe in the licence in its current form. Let's just say that I'm not an enthusiast . However, given where we are I think the current proposal to scrap the licence for over 75s on pension credit only is more than fair.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

If they can afford it yes. Otherwise who else do we pay for? The disabled? The low wages? Single mothers? Most of these are poorer than your average pensioner.

More should be given to poorer pensioners not to those with money

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

No not when they are paying Linekar nearly £2 million for spouting rubbish and he's not alone. It's time the BBC was abolished. It's left wing bias at it's best.

• Zapata
      Lv 6
      6 months agoReport

Right wing bias at its best, there. What drivel. How about we abolish the printed media in the UK to even it up, eh?

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Nobody should be forced to pay for far-left propaganda. It's a clear threat to democracy.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.