My parents don't approve of my boyfriend?

I am 21 years old and my boyfriend is 3 years older than me (24). We've been dating for 5 months and I decided I wanted my parents to meet him. My parents are heavily involved in my life they have supported me and are the best parents in the world but they don't like my boyfriend. When we had dinner at... show more I am 21 years old and my boyfriend is 3 years older than me (24). We've been dating for 5 months and I decided I wanted my parents to meet him. My parents are heavily involved in my life they have supported me and are the best parents in the world but they don't like my boyfriend. When we had dinner at there house it was more than awkward, words couldn't describe how much I wish I would disappear. My parents were asking him about his beliefs,career,and tattoos (my parents hate tattoos) .My boyfriend tried to be calm and collective as possible but he spoke without thinking when giving them his answers. He told them he was a atheist and he worked as a artist. His voice doesn't help either because it could sound indifferent to others. The rest of the dinner was just awkward periods of silence. After the dinner the next day my dad calls me telling me I shouldn't be dating guy like him and he is too old for me. Then he starts telling me I am on the road of evil if I continue with him and I won't get no where in life. Now he thinks I am doing drugs,breaking the law,and having unsafe sex with strangers because I am with him.I don't want to break up with him but it seems my parents can't understand I am not child anymore but I do want them to get on the better terms how can I get them to like each other or at least no hate each other.Any ideas?
54 answers 54