Anonymous

How many weeks notice do you need to give to leave a job?

About two weeks,but it depends on your contract

• Judy

2 is standard unless you have a contract that says differently

That depends in which purview you live - and on what contract you marked when you signed up.

On the off chance that you do simply exit without serving out your notice period - you'll likely lose your last check… which could be a genuine measure of cash on the off chance that you get paid month to month.

In the event that it were me - I'd attempt to maintain a strategic distance from that by inquiring as to whether I could work decreased hours outside of typical available time until my notice period is up - and simply maintain two sources of income without a moment's delay for some time.

Why is God so evil?

2 weeks is sorta standard.

• DEBS

Depends on how senior you are and how much responsibility you have. Standard notice is 2 weeks for most jobs in the US. If you've been at a company for many years then more notice is appropriate to stay on good terms. Legally, no notice is required.

Policy is 2 weeks at most companies.

The standard is 2 weeks, but it depends on the job you hold. If you can, give enough notice to train in your replacement. That could be 2 weeks, it could be longer. I wouldn't stay longer than 4 weeks after giving notice.

It depends.

Read your contract.

Two weeks is customary.