I have a 2016 Harley Sportster 883 Iron. There is a large grey button on the opposite side of the battery cover. What does this button do?

Are you talking about the oil dipstick? You push down to pop it up and then twist it to remove.

• Lv 5

Exactamundo.

• Scott

That's the button to change it from a girl's bike to a man's bike.

• Lv 5

This is First time I've heard it in 35 yrs of having MC endorsement/23 yrs riding. Like a few here who never "heard" of "cager" nor "'sickle" and Insist on riding in Center of road.. better to keep mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it and Remove All Doubt.

Push it and see. Like wow.

I went by dealer. He said their 2019's are not that much different than a '16 and no button on LH battery box. There is one on the RH oil bag; it is the dipstick. Push to release then turn CCW to pull out . If yours is like my '06 FXDL, it doesn't leak or burn oil, anyway. Best to Know how to always check, Providence has a poor sense of humor.

A previous owner may have added a charger, cell charger, kill switch. alarm, or a tuner. Remove LH cover and see.

Most Harley owners have a little more pride, excuse my drift. When I got my FXDL I immediately read the owner's manual and checked everything. Familiarized like getting an M-16.

EDIT: Many recent Model 883 and even Model 48 Sportys have a 1200 cc engine....a 74 Cubic Inch, scotty..... A kid on a run I was on was Fast even two-up on his. I have an 88" and 660#, so he was faster than my FXDL on his lighter Sporty; almost faster than my CB650 at 440#.

• Firecracker .

FWIW, the '06 FXD owner's manual has the drain plugs mixed up.

Ask me how I know....

Shop Manual. Call HD.

• Tim D

Manuals are available for free on the internet – get real

Whatever you do don't touch it!!!!!!!!!! Too late.

A dildo pops out of the seat that you can sit on.

• Lv 5

Funny...better Not be a Harley or Sportster quip..