I have a 2016 Harley Sportster 883 Iron. There is a large grey button on the opposite side of the battery cover. What does this button do?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

Are you talking about the oil dipstick? You push down to pop it up and then twist it to remove.

Attachment image
    • Lv 5
      6 months agoReport

Exactamundo.

• Scott
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

That's the button to change it from a girl's bike to a man's bike.

• Lv 5
      6 months agoReport

This is First time I've heard it in 35 yrs of having MC endorsement/23 yrs riding. Like a few here who never "heard" of "cager" nor "'sickle" and Insist on riding in Center of road.. better to keep mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it and Remove All Doubt.

• 6 months ago

Push it and see. Like wow.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

I went by dealer. He said their 2019's are not that much different than a '16 and no button on LH battery box. There is one on the RH oil bag; it is the dipstick. Push to release then turn CCW to pull out . If yours is like my '06 FXDL, it doesn't leak or burn oil, anyway. Best to Know how to always check, Providence has a poor sense of humor.

A previous owner may have added a charger, cell charger, kill switch. alarm, or a tuner. Remove LH cover and see.

Most Harley owners have a little more pride, excuse my drift. When I got my FXDL I immediately read the owner's manual and checked everything. Familiarized like getting an M-16.

EDIT: Many recent Model 883 and even Model 48 Sportys have a 1200 cc engine....a 74 Cubic Inch, scotty..... A kid on a run I was on was Fast even two-up on his. I have an 88" and 660#, so he was faster than my FXDL on his lighter Sporty; almost faster than my CB650 at 440#.

• Firecracker .
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

FWIW, the '06 FXD owner's manual has the drain plugs mixed up.

Ask me how I know....

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Shop Manual. Call HD.

• Tim D
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Manuals are available for free on the internet – get real

• 6 months ago

Whatever you do don't touch it!!!!!!!!!! Too late.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

A dildo pops out of the seat that you can sit on.

• Lv 5
      6 months agoReport

Funny...better Not be a Harley or Sportster quip..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.