When I was a small child, I thought girls were yucky. Is this normal?

I didn't like talking to them. I didn't like doing anything with them. And I thought they were yucky. Is this normal?

Favorite Answer

Yeah It's normal. Girls are yucky. And they always will be yucky.

It's only because parents tell kids to be like that I think?

• Ben

Yes it is. It is totally normal for people of all ages to think others are yucky.

Oh yeah. Completely normal. I was one of the members of GROSS ( Get Rid Of Slimy girlS). The founder was some brat named Calvin who had a stuffed tiger named Hobbes. Keep in mind, I was only 6 years old. By the time I was 7, puberty had kicked in, and I discovered MTV with Brittany Spears and Christina Aguilera.

• Dimple

Lucy, i believe Brittany spears and Christina Aguilera were also 7.. and weren't on MTV.. you maybe thinking of the Disney Channel :)

Yeah it's normal.

• Dimple

yes this is normal.. because that's what children do. That period is when they start learning to identify themselves. When Children start bonding with their own gender.. it's a clear indication to know that the child is most likely going to be heterosexual.

When a child is confused about which category they belong in.. they tend to try to be friends with both genders.. and realize they have more in common with the opposite gender.

• 6 months agoReport

Exactly baby. Exactly.

It's all because of that guy in the park.