How to get cloudy pool water clear?

I recently bought a summer waves pool for my kids and I just have a few pool maintenance questions. First question is about the chlorine tablet floater that I purchased separately. How many of the 3” chlorinating tablets do you recommend putting in there for a 3,500 gallon pool? Also, is it ok to leave the floater... show more I recently bought a summer waves pool for my kids and I just have a few pool maintenance questions. First question is about the chlorine tablet floater that I purchased separately. How many of the 3” chlorinating tablets do you recommend putting in there for a 3,500 gallon pool? Also, is it ok to leave the floater in there when the pump filter is turned off? Next question is about shock powder. I went out to buy a 1lb bag of shock powder yesterday because the water was starting to look a little cloudy. I put about half the bag in there around 7pm, and left the filter on for about 3-4 hours. Now this morning I woke up to check the pool and it looks even more cloudy, so I need some tips for this situation. The pool isn’t even a week old yet, so I don’t want to drain the water yet. I need to know specific instructions for shock treatment, and the chlorinating tabs. Thanks!
1 answer 1