Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesAcura · 6 months ago

If a new car cost 25,000 what’s the lowest you think you can negotiate to?

I know you can’t give an exact number but let’s say for a 2019 Acura ILX. How much do you think you can get the price down?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

The ILX base model lists for $25,900, but you probably won't find many of those on any given lot. You can generally get them to come down $1500-2000 right off the bat if they think you are serious about buying it, but any more than that will depend on how desperate they are to sell it (typically dependent on the time of month, and how their sales have been going), and your ability to deal.

Acura's tend to sell pretty well, so they aren't going to take a hit just to sell a car unless it's just been slow.

• Jay P
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Depends on 2 things really, how good of a negotiator you are as well as how desperate the dealer is to get rid of a vehicle. You can usually get a better deal if a vehicle has been sitting on a dealer's lot for a few months compared to if it's a popular model and they sell them quickly or if they have to factory order the vehicle for you.

• g
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

You can easily find out yourself, sport.

https://www.edmunds.com/tmv.html

• 6 months ago

Four Grand or more

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Go to Truecar.com and find out what other people are paying for the same car you want. That'll give you a good idea of what you should expect to pay.

• 6 months ago

First you are going to have to find a base model ILX, which is probably not very easy.

Doing a search of 3 large dealerships in my area, the cheapest I found was $26,895. Per costco the invoice on these is $25612.

I don't think you will be able to negotiate more than $1700 off.

• 6 months ago

Ten per cent tops. You can wait for a clearance sale, which probably will start late October.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Look hard online for the lowest price. Print out the figure or take a pic of the screen and put it under a dealer's nose. You may have to visit different dealers but one will be desperate for a sale and match the quotation.

Source(s): That's what I do.
  • pmt853
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Approximately 22,750.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Probably about 10% off for a dealership that must sell a car to make room on the lot. And it would have to be an ugly color.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.