omg asked in TravelUnited StatesNew York City · 6 months ago

which hotel to stay in New York which is not so expensive and close to all major attractions? Thank you,?

Currently I am in the NYC area with family. Just FYI NYC is expensive. You are paying more for less and have to get used to fitting in small places. It is uncomfortable for me to live but not visit. Anyway while here I heard from someone that this site https://motivatedjay.com/lifestyle%2Ftravel helped them save on traveling cost so you can check it out as well if you are planning a trip to NYC...

Enjoy

Assuming you mean New York City

There is no one hotel "close to all the major attractions". New York City is a working city, not a theme park and everything is spread out over 300+ square miles.

A good start is staying in Manhattan but even that borough is 23 square miles

No idea what your idea of expensive is or when you plan on visiting - that plays a big role in rack rates

• MS

I would stay in Manhattan for convenience. You will not find a hotel that is close to all major attractions because they are all spread out. But the hotels in Manhattan are certainly pricey. "Not so expensive" is subjective though, so without knowing your budget it's hard to give you any specific recommendations. We've stayed at the Econo Lodge Times Square when wanting budget accommodations - the rooms are super small, but it's a clean place and in a good location. There are a few Courtyard Marriotts in Manhattan that often have more reasonable rates than some of the others.

• Darren

There is a Courtyard by Marriott in an excellent location. It is on 40th street between Bryant Square and Broadway, just a few blocks south of Times Square. There are many sites in walking distance and everything else is a short sub ride away. The hotel is nice, clean and the staff is very friendly. It's a great value for what you get. I highly recommend it.

Carter Hotel. Formerly Dixie Hotel. An old building from the 30s or so. Opposite the old New York Times building, on W 43rd street just a few steps away from Times Square. Not in the best condition, (it's not for everyone) but location and price are unbeatable.