Can an employer charge a person criminally in ohio?

Hi I live in Ohio and I work for a company called Driveline .Some me of the projects they said I did or not done correctly and then I didn t do them. I did do the projects and I got paid for them now that I got fired and they re telling me the projects weren t completed and now it s being sent to HR what does this mean. Can I be charged criminally for this.They demanded I do the projects over I told them I did them already.

5 Answers

  • 6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

    Nobody except the police can file criminal charges. All we ordinary people can do is file a police report. The police take it from there. This is not a police matter and you said you were fired so how is it that they are asking you to complete jobs that they claim you did not do and how can they send you to HR when you were fired?

    Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience & with Employment law experience.
  • 6 months ago

    Not in that case, no.

  • 6 months ago

    Look this up: criminal fraud.

    Look this up: civil fraud.

  • blank
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

    Sounds like they canned you "for cause" - incomplete, inaccurate or inept work. They will claim you are unreliable. Seems the worst that can happen is you will be denied unemployment benefits (if you file).

    BUT it depends upon the terms of your employment and money values involved. IF you were a contract employee, hired for a professional level fee - and they can truly prove you did not perform, but accepted money - they might be able to get you charged with fraud.

    If you were just a standard hire, paid by the hour - based on the info you provided it is unlikely you will be criminally responsible for anything.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

    I don’t think so. But they could sue you in civil court

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.