Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceStandards & Testing · 6 months ago

Why isn't cursive taught in schools anymore?

22 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Some will say that it is 'obsolete' as the original intent of cursive was to promote legible writing at faster speeds. Since digital/typed writing is even faster, many argue that cursive is no longer necessary.

Others, however, argue that cursive promotes a style of learning that begins with adherence to a rigid form but then encourages young people to become individually expressive.....and THAT is actually the 'obsolete' part in today's educational environment...

• 4 months ago

cursive writing tracing letters when joined with spelling grammar,correct punctuation,,syntax,english grammar when taught to 2 footers early,,prevents all this word, syntax gobbledygook,expediate, ( wrong,it is 'expedite') ,excetera,nucyuh ler,as per,true facts true history,past history,prior plans,prior history,future plans,various and sundry,excape,point n time,genral consensus,concensus of opinion,genril consensus of opinion. ( 'gen/rll' that is how bad word raconteurs make it sound) ,outer perimeter, loose lose,lossed lost,choose chose,,preboard prepay prequalify,prepay,preorder,preregister,regester, we'll,well,your,you're , would of,libary, to,too close proximity,general consensus,disorientating,nope nope,,origination,,nope,, word is origin,another couple, masonary,,as in bricklaying,,it is'masonry' not 'masonary'promissary,,as in 'promissary' note,,wrong,,it is promissory,,'promissory note'

name an overused word that floats & spreads this year in blogs articles, girly hollering about last weeks music festival,everything from a to Z,,mine

would be 'literally'

cursive writing engages more nerve & brain memory cells,,,,,,

these devices use only distal ends of fingers,,teaches think they get by better with most devices having spellchecker so they can devote more time to propogandering ( just made up a new one)

• drip
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Because kids need to learn the keyboard and computer skills at a very young age. Technology comes first. There is only so much time a teacher has to get in all they need to each during a day.

You add on subjects and something eventually has to give,

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

rnaybe they dont think people need to learn it anyrnore

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • humpty
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

I learned my pensmanship from my grandmother, and taught it to my grandchildren. I told them it us a secret code we can communicate with.

Has it occurred to the majority of users here that we spend a lot of time complaining about a future none of us will live to see? We are mostly older, and the world is not ours for much longer, so why are we obsessed with what our grandchildren choose to do with it?

• sparrow
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

And it wasn't the grandchildren's choice; it was some government employee with the school system who made the decision. It seems to be a lost art, and cursive is a beautiful handwriting that children learn so easily when they are 7. So now they will sign their name in print??

• Bill
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Actually schools are starting to teach it again.

• 6 months ago

This is a non-issue considering that the schools are indoctrinating our children w/ very sick leftist ideology - like children can choose their gender. Its COMPLETELY SICK

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Do they really not teach cursive anymore? Wow. I must be focking old.

• Jeff D
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

People don't write anymore. Back in the day we used to write handwritten letters and take notes (in high school and/or college). Today, people type emails and record lectures on their phones.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

It’s because it creates confusion. People were having problems with peoples chicken scrawls..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.