Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 6 months ago

Why did I receive a message saying that our system detected unusual traffic from your computer network?

I was using the internet like normal, looking up videos And just looking at weather reports. And the I got this message 'our system detected unusual traffic from your computer network'

Am I being spied on and is all my internet usage being watched or looked into?

Is this something to worry about? I was not doing anything wrong and I see nothing unusual really going on at all.

Update:

No I can guarantee I'm not visting any of those websites or anything illegal.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

Ignore it. Someone wants to steal your personal information. Don't fall for this scam.

• keerok
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Your computer network doesn't mean your computer alone. It's all the computers serviced by your ISP.

• Jim
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

I would say that the probably that it was sent maliciously is 99% or more. It is most probably Phishing. If the message appeared on your screen suddenly, with audio telling you to call a number for a fix, and not part of email, it is definitely a scam. Sometimes it is even hard to close the browser page.

Close all operating programs and shut down the computer. (not restart)

Start it again and run a virus scan..

Just a word about emails asking you to submit information. Look carefully at the address. The email is often not from the institution in the email itself.

If you get an email that appears to be from your bank, do not answer it online.It is probably Phishing. If the message asks for ssn or other private data it is definitely a scam, Call or go into the bank and ask if they need the information..

Many banks have a fraud protection email address so you can forward the questionable email to them.

I hope you will continue to learn how to respond (or not) to questionable input from the internet.

Some malicious people are very clever and even very experienced people may be duped.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

sorneone rnight be trying to hack into it, rnaybe you should try running your antivirus

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

That's a scam to get you to click on a link.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.