Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 6 months ago

Am I becoming an alcoholic?

Fromm late 2017-mid 2018 I drank 1-2 bottles of vodka most days. I cut back because I kept pooping blood. Since then I have weaned myself down to a half bottle of vodka most days. I can go about a day and a half to two days of not drinking before I get bad headaches. I am a 105lb female, mid 20s. I can barely get drunk off what I drink. More like buzzed.

• David

If you can't go 72 hours without a drink then yes, you are an alcoholic. You need to check yourself into a clinic.

• In

I am sorry my dear but you are an alcoholic, and based on your descriptions you are lucky to still be alive. If you cannot quit on your own then don't be afraid to seek help.

Yeah you're getting really dependent on it, you can't quit, you get bad headaches from it. All the signs are there and being that you can't stop on your own you might have to go to rehab.

• Joe

You need help. Get help. Walk into any local out-patient substance abuse clinic and say I think I need help I drink too much and it's killing me. Put yourself in their hands and don't fight. Good luck !!

I mean I smoke about 10-25 ciggys a day and drink about 3 bottles of ciroc but I have money so it doesn't matter

• Janet

Yes, you are an alcoholic.

Because of your usage pattern, because you cannot quit, because you have addiction withdrawal symptoms when you try to quit, and because you barely get drunk anymore.

The "safe guidelines" for drinking (for females) is never more than 1 or 2 drinks on any occasion, and never more than 5 times a week.

Check yourself into a rehab facility.

You're not becoming an alcoholic, you already are one.

Withdrawal is a tell tale sign,

Becoming an alcoholic? I think he's been an alcoholic quite a while if you are literally defecating blood and that didn't scare you enough to stop you from drinking your pretty seriously addicted to alcohol. You need to get yourself into a program to get off of it by now you ought to have good insurance from either Obamacare or trumpcare use that insurance and get yourself in an inpatient program where you can spend it here in a supervised living facility you don't do your body and mind a lot of good.

i would hope not but if youre pooping blood, you need to get that checked out

• .

If you get bad withdrawal symptoms after going cold turkey for three or four days, then you are probably an alcoholic. You can work on making the symptoms not as bad by dealing with vitamin deficiencies that are common:

B-group vitamins

Vitamin C

Magnesium

Calcium

Zinc

Iron

Potassium

Also regular exercise and prescription alprazolam can help. Once you get past the first week, sobriety will be much easier.