Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 6 months ago

Why am I ONLY attracted to older men, when I hate my dad so much?

I'm a woman, and I'm in my 20s. I'm not at all attracted to guys who are my age, and NOT in the least to younger ones. I'm only attracted to old guys (in their 30s or 40s). I like them so much...i mean sexually as well as emotionally... Idk why

Why is it so, when I've had a very negative impression of older guys - - in the form of my dad? I hate him, I hate both my parents but I hate my dad to the point of killing him. No joke. He's the definition of "a$shole".

Shouldn't I hate older men as a result of my hatred towards my dad? Why do I LOVE them instead? And how can I stop getting attracted to older men, i'd really like to stop it?

You may benefit from therapy so you can accomplish your goal of stop dating older men because as you say, you "really would like to stop it".

It is pretty evident that you have "daddy issues". My guess is that you are still seeking out a father figure and are trying to find it in older men. But, you are still not satisfied because you want to stop doing that. This is an indication that these men are still not fulfilling your desire for approval from a father figure.

Wanting to kill your father is not at all normal. You really do need some therapy so you can work out your unresolved anger and resentment from your childhood upbringing. Unless you seek help, you will never be totally happy with any man because no one is going to love you until you love yourself.

Probably because you like MATURE MEN and you probably didn't see any maturity from your dad...

Because you are actually looking for a "father figure" in your life.

I think you should look at counseling to investigate this attraction. Sounds like you are trying to replace your father with another father figure. Don't see how that could lead to a happy relationship, as the other party would likely see through this and tire of the pretence eventually.

Long story short..you have daddy issues. Be careful those are the kind of girls that the creepy guys go for that can't get what they want from any other girl.

Maybe you’re trying to set these older guys up, to get back at older men because of your dad. Do you dump them after they get into the relationship? I don’t know. You haven’t really talked about how many older men you’ve been involved with, either serially or at the same time, etc....are you just using them, or do you really care about them on other than a physical level? Because it’s harder to communicate and share cultural values etc. sometimes with really large age differences

I don't know about you. In my experiences women who are more attracted to older men imagine they aren more grown up then guys their age. Usually they are drawn to the illusion of maturity.

Idk but you prob shouldnt do this.

I am a male, and I am in my 30s. If you were attracted to me then I think you would do someone about it.

I have nothing to do with your dad, and other males have nothing to do with him either, and just because you feel hatred toward your dad doesn't mean you will feel the same way toward other males especially males who you don't know.

It seems you are heterosexual, so it's normal, for you to be attracted to males. I understand you are not attracted to younger males, and males who are around your age.

By you not being attracted to older males then I think that would make you asexual.

Most women are attracted to older men

If you dont want to be attracted to older men then dont, whats so difficult?

• nunya6 months agoReport

its not something you can control.. could you make yourself be into older women? lol thats what i thought