My son and family recently had to move out of their home because it's not suitable to be lived in. Who can I talk too?

21 Answers

  • 6 months ago

    You did not give enough information to get an answer.

    You say "Their home" so did they own it? Was it a rental?

    Why was it not suitable to live in? Was it in that condition when they moved in, and if so why did they move into it?

    Try again with your question.

  • 6 months ago

    Your local government offices can guide you to the right resources. Your church, if you have one, may help to find them a temporary place to live.

  • 6 months ago

    You can talk to anyone you want. Your son is an adult and he needs to solve his own problems.

  • 6 months ago

    You do not state if this is a RENTAL or an owner occupied residence.

    IF this is a RENTAL, then the landlord may be liable for relocation costs as well as some other costs/damages. IF this is a rental, contact your district attorney or consumer protection division of your state's government to find out tenant rights.

    If this is an owner occupied residence, it depends on the circumstances.

    If this is a free standing, single family house, then the owner is solely responsible for the maintenance as well as insurance.

    If this is a condo, then what is the issue? Is a neighbor causing the problem due to a leak the refuse to fix? Is the HOA/Condo Association failing to maintain the infrastructure of the property? Even then, the owner is responsible for insurance to help cover catastrophic damages.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Judy
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

    uh, about doing what?

  • 6 months ago

    Were they renting?

    Perhaps the house should be reported to the town for building violation if it is unsafe? If the house had mold or other issues, maybe the Health Dept should be notified?

    Without knowing the problem as to why they HAD to move, it is hard to problem solve.

  • 6 months ago

    Talk to about what?

  • 6 months ago

    Why would you need to talk to anyone?

    If they own the property, it's up to them.

    If they were renting, presumably they had a lease etc; action is again up to them.

  • 6 months ago

    Talk to about what, they just need to go find a new place to live. If they are owed money from this then they can take the former landlord to court.

  • 6 months ago

    Why isn't it suitable? That makes a difference as to who, if anybody, he talks to.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.