canadacraig asked in Social ScienceEconomics · 8 months ago

Does HAVING a lot of money come with a LOT of social responsibilities? In other words - if you are rich are you obligated to help others?

What brought this on? Drake bought and wore a $750,000.00 watch to Game 5 NBA finals. I think that's shameful.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Do you know? There are more poor people today helping poor people than there are rich people helping poor people.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 8 months ago

Not sure why it's shameful to buy ourselves something we would like to have, if we can afford it.

And i'm also very unsure what someone else's watch has to do with your life.

• canadacraig
      Lv 7
      8 months agoReport

Not sure why you can't just answer the question.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

I am Rich I pay Taxes and VAT I live in a welfare state that is all the help I give don't work don't abuse me

because you are poor

• Oiy
    Lv 5
    8 months ago

They all have paid taxes. The social responsibilities are on the government's policy. And it should be the first step to become Green like in Europe.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Ray
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

I'm an adult, I do not worry about what other people do with their money, I just worry about what I do with my money, which includes weekly donations, and occasionally I volunteer.

• ...Show all comments
    • canadacraig
      Lv 7
      8 months agoReport

"If you are rich are you obligated to help others?" NO. You did NOT answer that question. "I like water!", would also be 'an answer'. Just not an answer to the question ASKED.

• 8 months ago

I would say SOME social responsibility, not a LOT. I do make charitable contributions even though I do not have a $750K watch.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

it depends on what you mean by obligated and responsible. whether or not your responsible for anything in the end is really subjective. one person can say im not obligated to help anyone and another could say they are. how do we prove whos right. theres no way to prove whos right because morality at its very core is subjective.

• canadacraig
      Lv 7
      8 months agoReport

I'm specially asking YOU. Are they?

• 8 months ago

yes, at least you should help others

• Zirp
      Lv 7
      8 months agoReport

legally it doesn't come with obligations, morally it does

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.