Is it okay to still wish my mother happy wedding anniversary after my father passed away?

29 Answers

Relevance
  • Orla C
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Of course it is. Do it.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

it triggers the memory so avoid it, especially if she hasn't mentioned anything about it

• GB
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

I sometimes send my mother a bouquet, in remembrance of my dad. I don't mention the anniversary in the message, just put 'To Mum with love.'

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

I think there are better ways of remembering such an anniversary. Rather than an awkward "happy anniversary" why not share a few happy memories over a meal out instead.

• Liz
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

When someone passes away people stop talking about them and the person grieving feels like that loved one is forgotten. Ask her what her plans are. Share a favourite of your and mom celebrating their anniversary. You know your mom best so follow her lead after starting a conversation. It’s okay to acknowledge that she (and you) are missing him especially today.

• GEEGEE
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Not exactly since it wouldn't exactly be a happy day for her. But if possible taking her out for lunch or dinner to reminince about him would be nice.

• drip
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

i wouldn’t greet them with a cheerful Happy Anniversary! But more I hear it is your wedding anniversary, tell me about your wedding day.

• Kelly
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Yes.

I take my mom out for dinner and sometimes on a trip for what would have been my parents anniversary.

• 6 months ago

i don;t think so

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.